Princess Cruises has announced the design and key features of Majestic Princess, the newest ship in the fleet. Majestic Princess will sail her inaugural voyage on Tuesday April 4, 2017, on a five-day Adriatic Sea cruise roundtrip from Rome with stops in Kotor and Corfu.
The 3,560-guest Majestic Princess has been built specifically for the Chinese market but will sail the Mediterranean for six weeks following her maiden cruise. UK guests will have a unique chance to experience the ship on 7, 14, 21 and 28-day cruises departing from Rome, Barcelona or Athens.
A repositioning voyage will depart from Barcelona on Sunday May 14, 2017, to the ship’s permanent homeport in Shanghai, where Majestic Princess will carry guests to a variety of destinations in Japan and Korea.
The Royal-class ship is a sister ship to Regal Princess and Royal Princess. The ship will offer many of the same distinctive features onboard the sister ships, including the Piazza atrium, the central focal point of the ship; the unique over-the-ocean SeaWalk – a glass-floor walkway extending 8 metres beyond the edge of the ship; the Princess Live! TV studio; and the special Chef’s Table Lumiere, a private dining experience that surrounds guests in a curtain of light.
Majestic Princess will also boast new features unique to the ship. These include:
Two new specialty restaurants:
- Harmony Cantonese Restaurant, created in partnership with Chef Richard Chen, former chef of ‘Wing Lei’ – the first Chinese restaurant in North America awarded a Michelin star. Harmony will feature Chinese cuisine, serving Chef Chen’s interpretation of classic Cantonese dishes.
- Le Bistrot, located in the Piazza, will offer casual French home-style dining with a modern twist. Similar to a Parisian bistro, guests will enjoy traditional escargots casseroles, braised ox tongue and mushroom ragout, along with baguettes, tartines, tourtes and French patisseries.
New dining options:
- The World Fresh Marketplace (Horizon Court buffet on other Princess ships), will feature a diverse range of food stations offering guests cuisine from around the world, including Mediterranean dishes, an Italian pasta specialty counter, and a new ‘east meets west’ street food specialty counter. The Bakery inside the World Fresh Marketplace will serve Western, European and Asian pastries.
- Fresh fruit and vegetable juices at the Ocean Terrace Juice Bar.
- Lobster Grill and Dim Sum Bar.
- Chopsticks Noodle Bar.
- Leaves Tea Bar (Boba Tea).
‘Sing on the Sea’ Karaoke suites:
- Private Karaoke rooms with a modern design, fitted with sofas, large TV screens and a mini-bar.
The Shops of Princess:
- Nearly 1,100 square metres of luxury boutiques which include designer brand shops from Cartier, Bvlgari and Chopard, leather goods from Burberry and Gucci, and designer watches by high-end brands including Montblanc and Rado.
One Comment Add yours
That face paint has to go 😎