Following a £32m refit in Hamburg, Aurora is the first ship in the P&O Cruises fleet to receive the bold new livery design. She left Hamburg this morning and will arrive in Southampton on Thursday evening having spent the last 20 days with 1,200 contractors working to make ready for her Christmas and New Year cruise. Works included replacing 5km of pipes, laying 28,000 square meters of carpet, replacing over 3000 mattresses and of course her new paint work.
Launched in 2000 Aurora now leads the way for the fleet sporting a contemporary version of the union flag on her bow and a new blue funnel with illuminated rising sun design.
The pictures show Aurora’s departure from Hamburg.
During her refurbishment, Aurora received the following:
- A new look livery design, which celebrates P&O Cruises heritage and its place as Britain’s favourite cruise company. It features a contemporary version of the Union Flag on its bow and new blue funnels with illuminated rising sun designs
- The introduction of Sindhu restaurant for evening fine dining (replacing the library on deck 8) with an Indian fusion menu designed by Michelin-star celebrity chef Atul Kochhar
- The Glass House restaurant and wine bar is replacing Café Bordeaux on deck 8. Available for brunch, lunch and dinner it will house wine displays and wines selected by expert and TV presenter Olly Smith. Enomatic wine systems allow passengers to buy premium wines by the glass. There will also be a private room for wine tastings and dinners
- A complete refurbishment of the buffet restaurant (Lido deck, deck 12) with new décor
- In the evening, The Beach House menu replaces the Pennant Grill menu to include family favourites such as Fillet of Beef on Lava Rock
- A complete refurbishment of The Reef children’s clubs with room names changed to reflect Reef club names across the rest of the fleet
- The introduction of Freedom Dining to Medina Restaurant with more tables for two and Marco Pierre White dishes on gala evenings
- A refurbishment of the Sidewalk Café and the introduction of Costa Coffee and brand new “Grab and Go” counter, a great option for breakfast and lunch on the go
- The library relocates to the current cyb@study space adjacent to the Crow’s Nest on deck 13
- Casino and Champions refurbishment with new open-plan design, new furniture and improved stage area for entertainment, live music and quizzes
- Photography gallery upgrade to include more touch screen technology
- An extensive shop refurbishment
- Refurbishment of Oasis Spa
- Upgrade of all sound and light equipment in the theatre and show lounge
- New soft furnishings for all cabins with flat-screen TVs
Images courtesy of P&O Cruises
2 Comments Add yours
Wow she looks amazing. Never sailed with Aurora as yet but hope to in the future.
Why the blue funnel, the traditional P&O one looked great on Aurora