Royal Caribbean International’s Serenade of the Seas has re-emerged from its three week $29 million drydock at Navantia Ship Yard in Cadiz, Spain, with a host of new dining concepts, entertainment options and technology advancements originally introduced onboard the cruise line’s Oasis-class ships. Serenade of the Seas, a Radiance-class ship, is the eighth ship overall to undergo revitalisation since the line announced an extensive revitalisation program in 2011 which will leave no ship untouched.
Serenade of the Seas emerges from drydock with nearly double the dining options with the addition of five of the brand’s most highly-acclaimed signature dining concepts, including:
- Giovanni’s Table: An Italian trattoria featuring Italian classics served family-style (open for lunch, $15, and dinner, $20)
- Izumi Asian Cuisine: A pan-Asian restaurant with an authentic dining experience and a sushi bar with hot-rock cooking (open for lunch and dinner, $3.00 cover charge for lunch and $5.00 for dinner, plus a la carte menu pricing)
- Park Café: An indoor/outdoor gourmet market featuring made to order salads, sandwiches including the signature Kummelveck beef sandwich, soups and pastries (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, complimentary)
- Rita’s Cantina: A casual restaurant catering to families by day, and adults by night; offering Mexican appetizers and a comprehensive selection of margaritas (open for lunch and dinner, a la carte menu pricing)
- Chef’s Table: An exclusive and private experience co-hosted by the executive Chef and Sommelier for a wine pairing dinner of five courses (open for dinner, $95 per person)
Guests interested in sampling these new venues will have the opportunity to choose from one of the new dining packages recently introduced. These include the Royal Choice Dining Package, which includes dinner at Chops Grille, Giovanni’s Table and Izumi for $55 per guest, or the Chef’s Table Dining Package for $130 per guest, which includes all of the speciality restaurants as well as the Chef’s Table. These packages can be purchased pre-cruise online at www.RoyalCaribbean.co.uk or onboard.
As part of Serenade of the Sea’s revitalisation, the Centrum – which is the focal point of the ship – has been transformed into a spectacular new space featuring the addition of the 60’s-inspired R Bar as well as a multitude of entertainment experiences including enriching daytime activities, dazzling night time entertainment and a new high-flying entertainment experience where aerialists glide through the atrium.
In addition, the ship also features a new Concierge Club for suite guests, a Diamond Club for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program members, the Crown and Castle Pub and the popular Royal Babies and Tots Nursery giving parents more opportunities to enjoy the ship’s highlights with peace of mind that their babies are being tended to by qualified care givers. Guests also will find that staying connected at sea will be easier with Wi-Fi availability throughout the ship and enjoy a host of technology enhancements including flat-panel televisions in all staterooms, an outdoor LED movie screen on the pool deck, as well as a digital way-finding system.
Serenade of the Seas is offering Mediterranean itineraries from January 2013 before moving to Dubai for a series of seven-night sailings from February through mid-April before returning to Barcelona for 12-night sailings visiting Venice and Greece. In November 2013, she will return to North America and sail seasonally from New Orleans offering seven- and nine-night Caribbean and Bahamas itineraries.
Info courtesy of Royal Caribbean International