The Carnival Glory returned to service today following an extensive, multi-million dollar renovation that added an array of exciting on-board spaces, from a new burger venue developed by Food Network personality Guy Fieri and a pair of tropics-inspired poolside watering holes to a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge called the Alchemy Bar.
Carnival Glory’s new dining, bar and entertainment options are part of Fun Ship 2.0, a $500 million product enhancement initiative that is being rolled out across the Carnival fleet.
Following a special three-day cruise from Miami to Nassau departing later this afternoon, Carnival Glory will launch a winter schedule of seven-day Caribbean voyages beginning Nov. 18. In June 2013, the ship will reposition to Boston for a series of four- and five-day Canada voyages before heading to New York for four- to seven-day Canada/New England departures through October.
Here’s a rundown of the many new features added to the Carnival Glory during its two-week dry dock:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a complimentary poolside venue offering fresh-made burgers, hand-cut fries and innovative toppings and condiments created by Food Network personality and chef Guy Fieri
- BlueIguana Cantina, a free-of-charge Mexican cantina with authentic tacos and burritos that can be personalized by diners at an extensive salsa and toppings bar
- Alchemy Bar, a cocktail “pharmacy” where highly trained mixologists create custom cocktails using interesting flavors and ingredients
- EA SPORTS Bar, an interactive sports bar where patrons can view live action, play popular EA SPORTS video games and keep up with the latest scores on the 24/7 sports ticker
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside Caribbean-themed watering hole offering a variety of Gthe region’s top rums and beers, which are enjoyed in a laid back island-infused atmosphere
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a friendly rival to the RedFrog Rum Bar, this lively and engaging poolside bar specializes in frozen cocktails and Mexican beers, in a fun and festive environment
- The Punchliner Comedy Club & Punchliner Comedy Brunch Presented by George Lopez, who is taking Carnival’s popular comedy offerings to the next level with hilarious, side-splitting comedians and a humorous twist on the traditional mid-morning culinary feast
- Cherry On Top, which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
· Hasbro, The Game Show and Playlist Productions will also be added to Carnival Glory over the next several weeks. Hasbro, The Game Show makes guests the stars of the show through larger-than-life adaptations of the company’s iconic board games, while Playlist Productions is a dramatic retooling of Carnival’s legendary revues that combines captivating live performances with high-tech LED staging and special effects that set a new standard in seagoing productions.
Info courtesy of Carnival Cruise Lines