Some of these may sound pretty obvious but until you actually experience life at sea, you can only imagine what it is like. A career at sea is a lot of hard work but the benefits of it can also be amazing. Let me share some of the best ones with you.
- Waking up in a different country each day (itinerary permitting of course!)
- Being able to make fabulous friends who live all over the world – some of these friends I still have to this day
- Experiencing surreal moments in different countries for example sailing past Statue of Liberty, sailing in a gondola in Venice, travelling in a yellow taxi in New York and visiting the white beaches and crystal clear blue sea in the Caribbean
- Having a day off to go to wonderful places such as shopping on 5th Avenue in New York City
- Being two steps away from the ship gym, while at home you would have to get into the car to get to one!
- Discount on beauty treatments and not forgetting cheap cocktails in the crew bar 😉
- Meeting passengers from all walks of life, building a rapport and friendships with them while they are on board. Simply being grateful for the appreciation they show whilst on board
- The ability to save up money instead of spending every last penny due to the fact that accommodation and food are both provided as part of our contract
- How it changes and grows you as a person for the better is the most significant aspect of a life at sea. The life experiences it gives you are second to none
- Still being able to tell your ship tales 12 years later (for those in UK, I do feel like Uncle Albert in Only Fools and Horses at times!)