Alley Cat, Sail Croatia’s newest catamaran, has left Les Sables d’Olonne, Vendée in France and is underway on a five-week journey to her new home port in Split, Croatia… accompanied by a welcoming committee of dolphins, whales and turtles.
Covering 2,545 nautical miles over 35 days, a team of five skippers will travel across the Atlantic Ocean, Bay of Biscay, Gibraltar Strait and Mediterranean, Ionian and Adriatic Seas, taking advantage of the crossing to test out the catamaran to its fullest against the elements.
Alley Cat, a Lagoon 46 catamaran, will join Sail Croatia’s Private Yacht Tour fleet of 16 yachts and catamarans in mid-March, before officially starting her season on the 10th of April 2023. This sleek catamaran is one of four brand new catamarans and yachts joining the Sail Croatia fleet in 2023.
The brand-new vessel is ideal for family sailing, accommodating eight guests in four ensuite cabins and an additional two in the salon seating area, which concerts into a double bed, if needed.
The spacious, open-planned layout creates the perfect environment for socialising onboard, and a host of technical features ensure this catamaran is well equipped for longer holidays at sea.
Alley Cat’s impressive deck space offers four outdoor lounge areas including:
- The flybridge, which features a cushioned lounge area complete with sun-loungers and trampoline netting. This area constantly proves to be a famed favourite with adults and children alike, and is the perfect spot to take in the sea spray whilst underway, or star gaze from whilst on anchor
- Cushioned sun loungers at the front of the catamaran
- The cockpit, which features a cushioned lounge area and modular table, allowing for alfresco dining at its finest. The rear of the catamaran also features a dual staircase, allowing for easy access in and out of the water, as well as an outdoor shower for rinsing off after a quick dip
- The open-planned salon, which is the perfect space to share meals and entertain, as it is complete with air-conditioning and a fully equipped kitchen. Guests feel right at home with all the creature comforts of a modern kitchen, including a refrigerator, stovetop, oven and plenty of bench space
Sail Croatia’s Private Yacht Tours are the perfect package for families or groups of friends looking for a relaxing sailing holiday. Skippers are included in all Private Yacht Tours, meaning no sailing experience is necessary, and itineraries are flexible, so all that’s left for guests to do is relax and enjoy sailing to some of the many islands Croatia is famous for.
Grant Seuren, Director of Sail Croatia said “We’re excited to see Alley Cat begin her journey to join our fleet and prepare to welcome her first guests in April. There is no better way to relax, unwind and discover the stunning Croatian coastline than on a luxurious catamaran.”
With prices starting at €6,179 for a seven-day Private Yacht Tour, Alley Cat will take guests on a stunning tour of the Dalmatian Coast from April to October.
- Built: 2023
- Sleeps: 8
- Cabins: 4
- Bathrooms: 4
- Length: 46ft
- Features: Air-conditioning & heating
- Includes: Paddleboard, outdoor shower and beach towels
- Discover Dicoletian’s Palace, Split
- Try authentic Croatian cuisine in Supetar
- Become enchanted at the incredible Blue Cave in Vis
- Dine at a World Heritage Site in Stari Grad
- Visit the Spanjola Fortress in Hvar
INCLUDED: 7 nights accommodation, professional Skipper, airport transfers, damage waiver insurance, flexible itinerary, fuel, local taxes and wifi.
A host/hostess, water toys, and provisioning services are all available to add on to the package.
For more information view Sail Croatia’s Private Yacht Tours or call 0204 525 7534.
Leave a Reply