Princess Cruises’ 3,080-guest vessel, Crown Princess, has received a multi-million pound two-week refit. The ship now includes new dining venues, a luxury bed in every room and an upgraded spa and fitness centre.
Crown Princess is currently sailing the Mediterranean, which will be followed later this year by a season in the Caribbean. She will be based in Southampton in spring and summer 2019 for a series of round Britain cruises.
The refit comprises:
- A luxury bed in every room. The bed was created exclusively for Princess Cruises and includes fine linens, enhanced mattress support and a king-size deluxe pillow available with feathers or anti-allergy microfibre. Princess collaborated on the bed with Dr. Michael Breus, a board-certified sleep expert and WebMD consultant. The bed has received the highest ranking for ‘best cruise ship beds’ by the Cruise Critic website
- Four top-deck outdoor dining venues have been enhanced and renamed:
– The Salty Dog Grill (formerly Trident Grill) will serve burgers, hot dogs and tacos made with grilled chipotle-lime chicken or roasted sweet potato-green chili
– Slice (formerly Prego Pizzeria) will serve the line’s signature Neapolitan-style pizza as well as new menu items such as deep-dish focaccia layered with marinara, meatballs and cheese; California artisanal toast including avocado or caprese; and sliced stromboli, a take on an Italian calzone filled with deli meats and cheese
– Coffee & Cones (formerly Sundaes Ice Cream Bar) will offer gourmet ice-cream sandwiches, complimentary ice cream cones and speciality coffees
– The Mix (formerly Mermaid’s Tale) poolside bar has received a makeover
- The onboard gym and spa have received modernised equipment and upgraded salon and treatments rooms
- ‘Club class’ mini-suites, a new premium stateroom category, have been introduced. Club class includes a reserved dining area with expanded menu options in one of the main onboard restaurants, upgraded room amenities and priority embarkation and disembarkation
- The introduction of new children’s centre activities in association with the Discovery Channel
- A greater retail choice including a new fine jewellery shop, Effy
- New carpet, light fixtures and bar TV screens in the casino
- The line’s signature logo on the ship’s bow
The refit was completed in Freeport, Bahamas at the Grand Bahama shipyard. The enhancements continue Princess’ ‘Come Back New Promise’ campaign, with £330m being invested across the line’s fleet of 17 ships.