P&O Cruises has become the first British cruise line to be able to conduct same sex weddings at sea, with the first ceremony to be held in the Caribbean in January 2018.
This follows a recent Supreme Court ruling enabling same sex marriages in Bermuda, where all the ships in fleet (except Britannia*) are registered.
Bookings are now open, with the first wedding to be held on Azura in the Caribbean in January 2018. The wedding ceremony will be performed by the ship’s Captain** and the marriage license will be issued by Bermuda.
P&O Cruises senior vice president, Paul Ludlow, says: “I am delighted that following this much anticipated change in the legalities we are now the first British cruise line to be able to arrange same sex weddings on board. Weddings at sea are very romantic and getting married by the Captain* in the middle of the ocean is an unforgettable experience.”
Same sex couples can now purchase a P&O Cruises Weddings at Sea package, which costs from £1,200 and includes:
- A romantic ceremony at sea conducted by the Captain**
- Wedding ceremony venue with floral arrangements
- Traditional wedding music
- Services of the on-board Wedding Coordinator
- Attendance of a professional photographer at the ceremony
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- An official copy of the marriage certificate
- The cost of the license fees
- A bottle of Champagne in the cabin on arrival
- Champagne for a toast after the ceremony
- Invitations and thank you notes
- An additional 5kg luggage allowance for the couple if travelling on a P&O Cruises fly/cruise holiday
- Wedding outfit pressing service
For more information or to book call P&O Cruises on 0344 33 88 595, visit www.pocruises.co.uk.
*Weddings at Sea are not permitted on Britannia
4 Comments Add yours
Great story – have reblogged on my site.
Reblogged this on Life In Camelot and commented:
In light of the current Same Sex Marriage Vote in Australia, this is a lovely story about Marriages at Sea, for everyone:
Being registered as such
Cunard announced last week as Bermuda 🇧🇲 authorized