We all have a long list of places in the world we want to go and things we really would like to see, and I am certainly no exception. I want to see the ENTIRE world, not just bits of it, all of it! I know the chances of that happening in one lifetime are pretty slim but everyone can dream. I thought it would be nice to share with you some of the things I want to see in our wonderful world before the angels come calling (I hope they are angels that come calling!) – some are quite predictable and others are rather unique – but technically, in one way or another, they could all be done with the involvement of a cruise ship. Perfect! 😉
This is my list of the top 40 things in the world I want to see.
- Queen Mary – Los Angeles
- Las Vegas Strip – Las Vegas
- Machu Picchu – Peru
- Terracotta Army – China
- Pyramids of Giza – EVERYTHING in Egypt!
- Hollywood Sign
- Grand Canyon – Arizona
- Northern Lights…..again
- The White House
- Taj Mahal – India
- Pompeii – Italy
- San Francisco Bridge
- Shwedagon Pagoda – Yangon
- Koala Bear
- Tornado – I want to torand chase in the heart of America’s tornado alley
- Auschwit-Birkenau – Poland
- Amalfi Coast – Italy
- Christ the Redeemer – Brazil
- Al Haram Mosque – Saudi Arabia
- Jumeirah Beach – Dubai
- Maho Beach in St Maarten – I missed the planes last time!
- Petra – Jordan
- Great Barrier Reef – Australia
- Table Mountain – South Africa
- Kruger National Park – South Africa – this could be a great way to see my beloved elephant!
- Bora Bora – I know this is more of a place than a monument or famous landmark etc. but I desperately want to visit here. I want to see all of the beautiful islands in French Polynesia
- Kizhi – Russia. I know I am cheating with this one too as it is also a place, sorry!
- Tulum – Mexico
- Blue Lagoon – Iceland
- Geirangerfjord – Norway
- Grand Bazaar – Turkey
- Jemaa el-Fnaa – Morocco
- Angkor Wat – Cambodia
- Banteay Kdei – Cambodia
- Canadian Rockies
- Old Havana – Cuba
- Brandenburg Gate – Germany
- Ganges River – India – I would like to sail down it
So, what places do you want to see? They don’t have to be via a cruise, just in general. I would love to find out!
Ok. I’ve done eleven of yours so far but am shocked you’ve not got Alaska in there, especially as your horizons have broadened outside of P&O cruise wise. It’s still my best holiday by far.
If you want to do Egypt then come my way. Tina lives in Luxor and knows just about everyone worth knowing and can get you into places other don’t go 🙂
Now you’re inspiring me to make my own list! Alaska is next on my bucket list — I want to cruise through Glacier Bay and hike on a glacier. The scenery just looks breathtaking. Though I’ve been to Hawaii, I haven’t been able to see lava flow, so I really want to return and do that as well. I also really want to see the Northern Lights — that’s going to be more of a challenge since they’re not really “scheduled.”
I’ve ticked off nine of the items on your list so far — my favorite of those was the Amalfi Coast. Give yourself plenty of time for exploring the towns (we used Praiano as a home base) and be sure to take a boat trip to Capri and see the Blue Grotto!
If you’re at Vegas, you shouldn’t miss seeing the Hoover Dam, it’s spectacular. If you ride to the Canyon from Vegas by helicopter, you’ll most likely fly over it anyway.
When you go to Vegas, let me know! I’ll meet you there. 🙂
Also – Grand Canyon… AMAZING. Make sure you take a tour if you go (not a shameless plug, you seriously will have such a better time walking with someone who can point things out and good photo ops).