Successful concepts from Azura, such as The Glasshouse, The Retreat, menus designed by Michelin -star chef Atul Kochhar in speciality restaurant East and single cabins have all been introduced on board Ventura.
- The Glasshouse has been introduced, to replace Las Ramblas bar and restaurant on Deck 7
- Installation of enomatic wine system allows passengers to buy premium wines by the glass selected by TV wine expert Olly Smith
- Conversion to The Glasshouse menu with a selection of small and large plates available for lunch and dinner (additional charge). Small plates include:chorizo, pork belly and butter bean cassoulet and larger plates include a selection of steak, burger and fish dishes with triple cooked chips as well as vegetarian options including woodland mushroom and spring onion risotto with melting camembert
- East now features a new menu designed by Michelin-star celebrity chef Atul Kochhar
- Atul has devised a unique Thai/Indonesian menu, which also includes influences from Malaysian and Vietnamese cuisine. Sample dishes include:
-24 Hour Slow Cooked Lamb Rendang – Indonesian style curry with coconut milk, shallots, garlic and ginger
-Spiced Sea Bream – wrapped in banana leaf and griddled with shallots and green chillies
- 18 new single cabins added: 12 outside and six inside
- Located in the same area as Azura, adjacent to the Exchange Bar on Deck 6, a central location
- Installation of The Retreat into the forward area on Deck 16
- The Retreat is a sumptuous open-air spa terrace with sun loungers, a separate pool and stunning sea views, exclusively for adults
- Passengers can buy a full day pass to The Retreat for a small cover charge
- The atrium features a new dance floor which will host dance lessons day and night with a live band in the evening
- Ventura is now fully wi-fi enabled
- The cyberstudy has been converted into the ship’s new library (with some fixed PCs)
- A new perfumery has replaced the old library
- A new enomatic wine system has been introduced in Waterside, the ship’s buffet restaurant. This self-service system allows passengers to buy premium wines by the glass, similar to The Glasshouse, by purchasing a wine card on board.
P&O Cruises managing director Carol Marlow said:
“Following the success of the single cabins on Azura and Oriana, we also now have 18 new single cabins on Ventura. This offers an attractive and cost effective option to solo travellers.
Our passengers can enjoy some of Europe’s most iconic destinations in greater style and even more comfort on our new-look Ventura.”