MSC Cruises Allegrissimo Drinks Package

I have had so many people asking me about the drinks packages with MSC Cruises that I decided to do this blog earlier than planned. It is also slightly longer than usual as I took pictures of the pool bar menu for you all!

I opted for the Allegrissimo package on my MSC Opera cruise and I am VERY glad that I went with it! The package is 23 euro per person per day and includes selected cocktails, wine, soft drinks, Vitamin Bar drinks, spirits, ice cream, kid’s cocktails, water and hot beverages like tea, coffee and hot chocolate. There is also an Allegrissimo premium package which is 42 euro per day and that literally includes everything plus room service, premium spirits, in cabin mini-bar and more. For me personally though the basic Alleggrissimo was enough. It included Bacardi and Captain Morgan so I was one happy cruiser! ;)

MSC-Cruises-Allegrissimo

I would strongly recommend taking a drinks package. I went with Allegrissimo because it was unlimited, 24 hours per day and from any bar or restaurant. That suited me perfectly. The total cost of the package for ten days was 230 euro. Had I not had the package my cabin bill for drinks and ice cream would have been………………..wait for it……………………….860.89 euro!!!! That is a MASSIVE difference! The package was such good value for money and because I met quite a few people it meant getting rounds of drinks for everyone was also included. Purple-Rain-CocktailThey too had the same drinks package so we just took turns going to the bar and the waiter would add each round to one card instead of doing it separately. Made more sense really saying as we were all paying for the same package. One round alone went through one evening at 46 euro, that’s the cost of the package for two days gone on one round of drinks. It just shows how much you are saving by opting for the drinks package.

Even if you don’t drink alcohol it’s still worth getting. I was drinking Mango juice like there was no tomorrow. Each bottle was 2.70 and I would get maybe 5 a day as they were only small, that plus the 15% worked out at roughly 15.52. Add a bottle of water to that, an ice cream and a Vitamin Bar drink and already you have gone beyond what you are paying per day for the package.

I booked the Allegrissimo before boarding so the 15% service charge was already included in the cost. If you book when onboard you will be billed at the end of the cruise for the 15% service charge so it’s much more cost effective to book BEFORE you sail.

Other packages included:

Cheers! 16.50 per day and included unlimited wine by the glass, draft beer, soft drinks, fruit juices and mineral water with dinner. There was also a kid’s version of this package for 9 euro per day.

Draught Beer Package 62.00 euro total and included 14 40cl draft beers

Soft Drink Package 34.00 euro total and included 14 soft drinks or fruit juices

Classic Wine Package 115.00 euro total and included 6 bottles of wine plus 7 bottles on mineral water.

Some of the above were on offer at check-in so the prices could be ever so slightly lower than they would be if you booked at home but not by a lot to be honest.

Below are some images of the Pool Bar Menu, to see an enlarged version simply click on the image. Note that everything marked with a red star is EXCLUDED from the Allegrissimo package. I was surprised at just how much choice there was for the Allegrissimo package. You always wonder when you book drinks packages if the menu will be incredibly limited, but I can honestly say the choice was superb! Everything I would personally want was included.

MSC-Cruises-Bar-Menu

MSC-Cruises-Bar-Menu

MSC-Cruises-Bar-Menu

MSC-Cruises-Bar-Menu

MSC-Cruises-Bar-Menu-Kids-Cocktails

Hopefully today’s blog has helped you with your drinks package decision. :) I can’t say enough times how good I thought it was, give it a try, you can see how much I saved by having it! Over 600 euro!!!

Author: Danielle

About these ads

Trying to explore each and every inch of this wonderful planet via cruise ship.

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in Food and Drink, General Cruise Articles, MSC Cruises
32 comments on “MSC Cruises Allegrissimo Drinks Package
  1. Nick Blackburn says:

Excellent blog. So glad I’ve already paid for the all inclusive package for the Opera on 7 June 2014 from Southampton.

2. Anonymous says:

Thanks for that, very informative!

3. Anonymous says:

Richard were on a port heavy cruise? We are going on one in April, we port every day so i am really debating the pkg, plus we are a family of five! That adds up, we were looking into the tickets i think 14 tickets for soda,etc, then maybe a wine pkg,. I just wonder if we are on excursions all day will we really use the pkg that much, in order for it to pay for itself?

4. Susan says:

I may have missed someone say, but how much pp was the all inc drinks package please and anyone how much kids one is? Doesn’t say or I can’t find it on MSC website!

• CruiseMiss says:

Hi Susan. I paid 200 euro for the Allegrissimo package. The kids version is about half that price. It all depends on the length of your cruise though how much it costs as it is a daily rate. Hope this helps :)

5. Justan & Julie says:

Thank you Danielle. This is a very informative blog. It has helped to convince us to go with a drinks package. We are going on the MSC Fantasia in April for our 20th Wedding Anniversary, can’t wait. Keep up the good work.

• Justan Roberts says:

Update on our previous comment Danielle: can you tell us if drinks have to be consumed in the restaurants and bars or can bottles of drink / water be taken off the ship or even to your room?

Thanks

• CruiseMiss says:

As far as I am aware you can do what you want with it :) I took drinks back to my cabin twice and I always got bottles of water to take ashore. This only applies to Allegrissimo though, some of the other packages do have restrictions.

• Justan Roberts says:

Thank you Danielle that’s really helpful. We’ve also heard that even if you do buy the drinks package, your onboard account gets charged a daily rate for tips etc. Is that so?
        Thanks

• CruiseMiss says:

That’s right. You still pay gratuities as they are entirelt seperate :)

6. Joan Power says:

Hi Danielle,

Loved you very informative blog! I’ve just one question which I cannot find on any of the websites…..What types of wine are available by the glass. I presume they are Italian? My husband and I are wine drinkers but we like our dry wines, I know I may sound like a wine snob but it would be good to know before we get the package.

Many thanks and thank you again for all the information, well done you!!!!
    Joan

• CruiseMiss says:

Hi Joan :) I am pleased you find it useful, always happy to help! I don’t actually drink wine myself so I can’t tell you exactly what was on offer but a lot were Italian. I know that much as a friend onboard enjoyed a glass of wine. There was a lot of choice though so I am confident you would find a perfect dry option. Sorry I can’t be of more use!

7. Lantz says:

Great blog, we are going on Fantasia within one week. Your blogpost helped us… Thanks

8. Chris says:

Great thanks..!! Could I bother you with one more question..is there a wide variety of food at the buffet onboard as my boyfriend is very fussy with food and likes quite plain meals..I previously cruised with RCI and found the food suited all..!! Thanks a million for your help :)

• CruiseMiss says:

I am also an incredibly picky eater but I did manage. I thought the choice aboard Magnifica was better than Opera. If he did struggle, you can always find pizza or chips available, just tell him to look in the kids section as the food there was always quite plain and after 10 pm (I think it was 10 pm) you can make your own sandwich so that could be an option too. :)

9. Chris says:

Hi

I have the same question as above, am cruising on 13th January on Splendida. I pre booked my drinks package yesterday online and have confirmation email of this. It informs that you must pay at arrival so I presume I am exempt from paying the service charge? What’s your experience of this

Thanks in advance :)

• CruiseMiss says:

Hi Chris :) Yes it will already be included in the cost for the drinks package. I pre-booked mine also and paid for it at the end of my cruise via my cabin bill. The 15% was included so all I paid was the price of the package. Hope this helps! Have a fab cruise!

10. Paul says:

Hi I am going on the Splendida 30th May 2014 for 7 nights and I have booked the Allegrissimo drinks package for 2 expecting to pay now but it states pay on arrival will this still include the 15% tips as I have pre-booked but paying on arrival cheers Paul

• CruiseMiss says:

Hi Paul. Yes it should do as you have registered for it pre-cruise. I also pre-booked mine, but I paid for it via my cabin account at the end of my cruise. Hope this helps :) Have an awesome cruise!!

11. I agree that the beverage package is well worth it! We were just on the MSC Divina and I can’t imagine what my bar bill would have been not just for alcohol, but for bottled water, coffee, gelato, and pastries. Definitely worth the price and not having to stress about the last night bill under the door.

12. Moscho says:

We are a family of 3 and we are sitting with another 3 people at the same table. Do we all have to purchase the same package or just the 3 of us in the same cabin, need to buy the same package?

13. Phryne says:

Danielle-

Are the coffees as you picture on the menu?

Thanks
    Phryne

14. charles keown says:

do they have non alcoholic beer

15. Richard Hunt says:

I did a drink package on the last voyage I did, and it was definitely worth it. The only time I don’t think it would be worth the cost is if you are on a cruise with a LOT of port days. If you only have one or two “at sea” days and everything else is in port, and you are going to be off the ship most of the time, it may not be worth it. Just something to keep in mind.

• Phryne says:

Richard

We’re doing the MSC Splendida Med. cruise in January. We intend getting off at every port with just one full day at sea. We would drink wine probably every night and probably a couple in the bar also. Do you think it would be worth buying the Allegrissimo package r would we be better of with a wine package and other drinks pay as you go?

Thanks

Phryne

• CruiseMiss says:

I think it would still be worth taking the package to be honest. Plus if you take the package you can take advantage of the fact that bottles of water are also included so you can take these ashore with you instead of having to pay out for it during your travels.

16. Jane Smith says:

My husband and I kept all our receipts so that he could produce a spreadsheet on our return that showed we had spent 460Euros on the package for the two of us, but our total bill would have been 1260Euros! (Apparently mine was more than his, but that’s Baileys addiction for you.)

17. We took the option to have the soft drinks package on the princess cruise we did earlier in the year, and we’re so glad we did! To save money you had to have three drinks per day, and in the 30degree heat you’ve done that by midday! Definetly worth it in my opinion!