Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ fleet of four ships – Balmoral, Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – will all be coming together in Norway’s second city, Bergen, on Tuesday 28th July 2015, for an historic joint celebration!
This ‘4Bs in Bergen’ event – named after the initial letter of each of the four Fred. Olsen ships – will be the first time ever that the fleet has converged in one place, anywhere in the world, and it is expected to be a very exciting day for both Fred. Olsen guests – of which there will be nearly 4,000 visiting that day – and the city of Bergen.
All four ships will be arriving at the Port of Bergen at 8am on 28th July 2015, and will be departing at 6pm.
They will be operating on the following schedules:
- Balmoral – eight-night L1511 ‘Norwegian Fjords’ cruise, ex Southampton on 25th July 2015 – arriving at Bontelabo Terminal from Stavanger
- Braemar – 14-night M1521 ‘Falls, Fjords & Faroe Islands’ cruise, ex Dover on 18th July 2015 – arriving at Festningskaien Terminal from Akureyri (Iceland)
- Boudicca – seven-night D1517 ‘Glaciers, Fjords & Waterfalls of Norway’ cruise, ex Newcastle on 26th July 2015 – arriving at Skolten North Terminal from Newcastle
- Black Watch – nine-night W1512 ‘Cruising the Fjordland’ cruise, ex Liverpool on 23rd July 2015 – arriving at Skolten South Terminal from Flåm
It is expected that the festivities on the day will include:
- Norwegian-themed marching bands, drummers and singers on the quayside
- A fantastic schedule of onboard entertainment – an afternoon show, deck party and live bands – to be co-ordinated so that all guests will have a chance to watch different shows across the different ships
- The chance to visit all four ships as they are berthed along the quayside, with complimentary drinks and canapés
- An inter-ship treasure hunt, where teams will compete against each other to complete the course around the beautiful city of Bergen in the fastest time and win a £200 gift voucher for a future Fred. Olsen cruise
- An action-packed inter-crew ‘tug o’ war’ challenge on Festningskaien, as small teams of crew from each ship battle it out, spurred on by vocal support from guests!
- A spectacular ‘water cannon’ send–off, as all four ships leave the Port in formation. Flagship Balmoral will depart first, followed by Braemar, Boudicca and Black Watch – all in size order!
Guests will also be able to book the following shore excursions as part of this very special experience:
- A new walking tour, which will visit the Bergenhus Fortress, historic Bryggen and Ole Bull statue
- A boat trip across the harbour, to the island of Lygra, which will allow guests to see all four ships from the water
- A helicopter tour to see all four ships from above
- A Mount Fløyen funicular tour, with the emphasis on the view of the ships from the impressive summit
With its proud Norwegian heritage, Fred. Olsen has been visiting Bergen – the ‘Gateway to the Fjords’ – since 1997, and in 2015 will be celebrating a total number of 17 cruise calls for the year, comprising visits by nearly 17,000 guests. Balmoral, Boudicca and Black Watch will be making four calls each, and Braemar will be making five.
From Bergen, Balmoral will be continuing to Flåm on 28th July 2015; both Braemar and Black Watch will be meeting up again in Eidfjord; and Boudicca will be continuing to Ålesund.
Info courtesy of Fred. Olsen Cruise Line