The 82,505 GT Arcadia, will dock in Bremerhaven at Lloyd Werft’s Kaiserdock II. During her stay will be transformed with a new 75 tonne structure to her upper deck (Deck 10) which will house 23 new cabins and one suite, all with balconies. This will increase passenger capacity from 1,952 to 2,000. Cabins will increase from 976 to 1,000. The ship will also receive a new outside sun-bathing area.
Lloyd Werft carried out similar work for P&O Cruises in 2008. At that time a 340 ton deck house was installed on Arcadia, increasing both the ship’s passenger capacity and comfort. The same extension principle is being followed this time, to once again to make the ship more attractive on the cruise market and to expand her once again.
Other work will include
- The addition of single cabins
- The Globe will replace Electra and will become a late night dance venue with state of the art acoustics
- Cabin refurbishment with new soft furnishings
- Re-fitting of the shops on board
- Refurbishment of the soft furnishings in the Crow’s Nest and in the Ocean Grill
Lloyd Werft will also carry out docking and repair work including the overhaul of bow thrusters and stabilisers, blasting and conservation of her underwater hull, conservation of the hull above the water line and an overhaul of the ship’s two pod drives and her sealocks.
All lifesaving equipment, davits and boats will also be thoroughly checked.